My name is Melissa, mom to four. I have one adorable 20 month old, two adorable dogs, and one adorable husband. When I say I am mom of four, I mean it. I am a stay at home mom...and that means I am a Wonder Woman of sorts and Mom to everyone who lives under the Donnelly household roof. I don't care if you cry, bark, or speak adult, I am your mom, and don't forget it. I don't do a great job at everything I do, but I do a great job at trying to do everything that needs to be done. I clean the house pretty well, vacuum up 20 pounds of dog hair a week, change way too many diapers to keep count, cook meals that I sometimes call "dinner" and sometimes call "JUST EAT IT", I do way too many loads of laundry a day, mow the lawn once a week(by choice), garden, volunteer when I can at church, and try to remember to shower each day. When it is all said and done at the end of a busy day, I am just happy to know that everyone has pretty much had their needs met.
Being Mom to FOUR means I can easily fall into complaining mode. There is never enough time for this or there is never enough time for that, but the truth is, I am very fortunate and happy to be where I am today. I have never felt so much love and fulfillment in my life....and even though I don't seem to have my own life anymore...mommyhood has been the biggest blessing I could ever imagine. So when I am lost and trying to find me, I have to remember that I am right here where I have always wanted to be. Thank You God.
P.S...my plans for tomorrow include my normal mommy duties as well as trying to save the world by recycling anything and everything that will fit into that blue box on my sidewalk. Ahhhh, my work is never done.
No comments:
Post a Comment