
Anyone else out there have a hard time keeping up with dust bunnies? Man am I streeeessing myself out about stuff that is not important (I am told). The perfection I strive for just doesn't exist. No matter how many times I get it just right....da da daaaaaaa....the dust returns, the grass grows, the laundry reappears, the clothes wrinkle, the nail polish chips, the windows spot, the flowers wilt, the dog sheds, and the dishes get used. The amazing feeling of accomplishment goes right out the window shorty after I have begun to feel accomplished. Don't worry, I'm confused too...
SO, Instead of finding pride in making unimportant things perfect, I vow to take more time to appreciate the other "stuff" going on in my everyday life. Here are some recent pictures of the "stuff" we have been up lately. And yes, this blog does seem to be turning into a self-help, self-awareness, self-loathing blog...but a self-improved Melissa = a better mom, wife, sister, daughter and friend. So hold on to your bootstraps and enjoy the ride. :-0The Important Things in Life
Important thing #1: Finding humor in the "stuff" you do
Important Thing #8: Big huggies that sooth any dust bunny kind of a day
P.S...
Now can someone just come to my house and tell it to stay clean so I don't have to work on ignoring imperfection? Oh, and help me to ignore the fact that the basement needs to be painted, the garage is a mess, and the attic is a disaster. Thx
I feel your pain sistah friend! I read a quote once that said, "Cleaning your house while your kids are still young is like shoveling while it is still snowing." SO TRUE! I have to constantly tell myself that someday I will have a clean house but then my kids will be grown and having their own families so until then I need to enjoy every moment of their little lives because from what I hear, it goes by too fast. And yes, amazingly your blog does seem to become a self-help tool. It does for me too. But that's ok. God will use whatever he can to help us change and grow.
ReplyDeleteI think we're in the same boat.
ReplyDelete